I simply bought again from 11 days out of city & nearly forgot registration for the Princess Half Marathon was as we speak!!
Fortunately, I noticed a reminder after I completed my run & logged on instantly. There was a 1 hour wait time within the queue (you’re not purported to refresh or shut the web page).
I used to be apprehensive it’d promote out by the point I bought in, however the half marathon & problem (10K & Half) had been nonetheless open.
After working the Dopey Problem in January and feeling like I couldn’t benefit from the sights whereas doing a number of races –> I made a decision to simply do the half marathon this time. (I hate saying ‘simply’ earlier than half marathon, however wish to be aware that I used to be contemplating a number of races.)
I’m registered to run the Princess Half Marathon in February 2023!!
1. Put the registration day / time in your calendar after they’re introduced. These races promote out so it’s a must to register as quickly because it’s open. Registration for Run Disney occasions often open at 10am EST / 7am PST on a weekday. Schedule time to do that if essential.
When registration opens – go to the runDisney web site (linked under) and discover the race you wish to register for. Click on on the space you wish to run and register.
When you go to the web site and it says ‘Thanks in your endurance…’ with an ‘Approximate Wait Time’ –> wait. Don’t refresh the web page or shut the window. Which means you’re in line. When you shut or refresh you’ll lose your house.
2. BEFORE registration day –> Create an account with run Disney and have that info obtainable on registration day.
You must go surfing to finish the registration and it will sluggish you down for those who’re ranging from step 1 and must create an account.
3. Have all of your race registration information prepared – your private information, emergency contact, estimated end time, and many others… (all the things you often have to register for a race)
They ask for proof of end time if you wish to be within the first corrals, however you’ll be able to put that in later. Skip it & replace later for those who don’t have it.
*Verify the deadline, however you will have time to qualify for corral placement (previously it was working sooner than a 2:15 half marathon). There’s often a deadline to point out proof of your end time a number of months earlier than race day.*
4. Have your fee close by. I’ve heard of runners pondering they bought in & races promoting out whereas they regarded for a misplaced bank card.
This goes with the earlier tip, however the extra ready you’re the sooner you’ll be able to go!
I simply got here again from a visit throughout the nation & use a distinct pockets whereas touring. Fortunately, I spotted this whereas ready within the queue and dug it out of my suitcase.
5. Resolve what race you wish to do AND for those who’re open to working one other distance if that’s bought out.
You don’t have time to freeze up for those who get in & see your 1st selection isn’t obtainable. Each distance will promote out so it’s a must to be fast. Rank them or resolve what races you’re open to and that are a no earlier than registration day.
You’ll be able to register for the Run Disney Races on their web site (linked under). That web site has all the knowledge on race dates, distances, charges and guidelines. They often announce upcoming race dates and themes weeks prematurely of sharing when registration will probably be open on Instagram, Fb and their web site. This fashion runners have time to plan in the event that they wish to run and plan how they’ll register.
Presently there are 4 Run Disney Race Weekends (every with totally different distance choices – 5K, 10K, Half or Full)
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February
- Springtime Shock Race Weekend in March
- Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend in November
You will get extra info on upcoming races and registration on the Run Disney website here.
Query: Are YOU working any upcoming Run Disney races?
Do you wish to??
KEEP GOING WITH THESE: