With 3 levels and practically 18 hours of content material, Sola Reconnected introduced collectively connection-hungry magnificence skilled to be taught from a few of the greatest educators within the business. This digital occasion was stay, all day, on Could 17, with presenters and attendees streaming in from across the nation.
One among these business specialists was Jamie Wiley, Global Artistic Director of Pureology, who spoke on constructing a model by way of social media; utilizing it as a solution to recruit new shoppers, promote your online business and have interaction your current viewers.
The course reminded stylists that social media is a visible medium. Wiley provided ideas for capturing content material, plus the right way to have interaction along with your dream shoppers. We highlighted a few of the key takeaways from Wiley’s presentation:
The way to Coach Your Purchasers to Take Hair Footage
1. To shoot the again of the hair, have shoppers lookup so that you get that shine line on the spherical of the top.
2. Physique place: Have them put their arms in entrance of their physique, which focuses issues on the hair.
3. Aspect shot: Have them tip over on the aspect, like a teapot, after which pull the hair over the shoulder. That eliminates that shoulder that was in the way in which.
4. Entrance shot: Have them lean ahead and have gravity give you the results you want. Push all of the hair ahead. And perhaps have them look down and you may shoot from beneath a bit.
iPhone Picture Methods
“If I don’t have pure mild, I can click on on my cellphone and the little ‘solar’ pops up on the aspect and I can truly swipe as much as brighten and swipe right down to darken.”
“If I wish to go to Portrait, I can snap this photograph, get a terrific photograph after which go into it to edit. On the high left, there’s a button (4.5) I can add extra S cease or I can take it away.”
“I wish to make the most of the grid in your cellphone so you may lineup your pictures always, and actually know the place your level of focus in your grid.”
Attracting Your Perfect Clientele
Wiley says to determine this out, you first wish to sit down and take into consideration your favourite client–who are they, what do you want about them and what do the 2 of you’ve in widespread? Then, do some strategic snooping.
“On their IG web page, go to their Pals record and also you’re going to start out partaking on their Buddy’s pages,” Wiley instructs. “It’s like doing a social media handshake or handing out your online business card on social media. You’ll begin liking and commenting in your shopper’s Pals record. And people pals will begin to ask, ‘Who is that this?’ Be very real and actual, however it is going to immediate them to start out recognizing you—‘Wait, that’s my greatest pal’s hairdresser.’ Then they’re going to creep on our bio –the place you’ve a call-to-action—and they’re going to begin messaging you.”
The Energy of the DM
Wiley additionally talked about utilizing direct messages, strategically. If you wish to appeal to a sure clientele, then you’ve been doing all your analysis and you’ve got recognized some potential shoppers. And you realize it could be a win-win scenario in the event that they had been to sit down in your chair. She suggestes reaching out to them by way of a direct message and he or she even offered a script…
“Hello, my title is ___ and I’m a hairstylist at ___and I got here throughout your web page and I’d like to have you ever as a visitor. I supply a ____gift for a primary time shopper (Wiley reminds us to all the time say ‘reward’) and right here is my hyperlink to e book on-line or you may message me again. I stay up for listening to from you.”
The way to Create a Nicely-Rounded Instagram Web page
Wiley did the maths for us, dividing up the content material that must be featured on an Instagram web page:
- 40% of the web page is the hair you do
- 10% of the web page is merchandise
- 25% of the web page is you doing the hair
- 25% is your way of life
- “Do you’ve youngsters, a cat, a canine, do you hike, do you boat? Share your life along with your group. Have you ever observed that after you publish a selfie, engagement rockets? Be authentically you. All these issues make up a well-rounded web page.”
Bear in mind, Wiley says, “Individuals purchase individuals after which they purchase issues.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this text, Click here.
Initially posted on Modern Salon