The second race of the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Dopey Problem was a 10K on Friday. I took loads of video throughout the race, nevertheless it was tremendous darkish so it’s exhausting to really see the race course or actually something. However I did get loads of nice race pictures, so I’ll put up some video to my Instagram tales and save the to the highlights. Take a look at @RunEatRepeat Instagram highlights below ‘Dopey Problem’ to see that.
In honor of the 10K… let’s do the TOP 10 Pictures from the race.
1. I acquired to the shuttle bus early and no different runners have been on it but (I awakened the identical time because the day earlier than however acquired prepared quicker as a result of I didn’t have to twist my hair). I requested the resort coordinator to snap a ‘earlier than’ image. ‘Earlier than’ as in earlier than I get my Belle operating costume sweaty and disgusting.
I dressed at Belle from the start of Magnificence and the Beast aka ‘countryside Belle’ in her easy blue costume. I wore a operating tank with material for the collar/sleeve, a blue Sparkle Skirt and an apron.
I’ve seen some runners on this costume carry a e book and fake to learn it as they ran, nevertheless it was already a Christmas miracle that I dragged my redhead all the best way from California with 4 operating costumes, 4 units of operating gear (I can’t re-wear something as a result of I’m a sweat ball) and a couple of pairs of trainers in my carry-on. So, I don’t have the time for a prop e book. Plus, I hearken to audio-books whereas operating and suppose Belle could be open to that new environment friendly expertise.
2. There’s a safety examine level if you get on the bus after which a lil stroll to the beginning line space. We go proper in entrance of Epcot and lots of people stopped to snap selfies right here. I did an Instagram video most days (did you see it? Watch my IG tales as a result of it’s kinda the perfect stuff).
3. This isn’t a high second – however I’m grateful it occurred for the 10K and never the complete marathon… so general it’s a great factor.
Once we acquired to Epcot I noticed my operating watch was on 10% battery. i debated throwing it in my drop bag because it’d positively die throughout the race. I feel I had it plugged right into a damaged usb outlet on the resort. Womp womp.
I ended up sporting it for the race, nevertheless it shut down earlier than I completed.
Aaand – I noticed it was only one:14AM pacific time (it didn’t replace time zones auto-magically like telephones do). Simply seeing that it was the midnight and I used to be about to run 6.2 miles made me dizzy. On the intense facet – go me… for waking up a 2nd day in a row at such a ridic hour. We are able to do exhausting issues!
4. I hit up the restrooms exterior of Epcot, dropped off my bag with gEar Examine and headed to the beginning line.
I used to be there with loads of time to get into my corral and hearken to the announcers hype the group of runners. (Spoiler alert: My timing wouldn’t be nearly as good later within the race weekend)
5. The race began at 5AM and dawn wasn’t till 7:19AM – so the complete race was at nighttime. This made it exhausting to take pictures or video to share ideas and notes on the course. I put collectively an excellent brief video that’s on my Instagram if you happen to don’t thoughts darkish video – @RunEatRepeat.
Fortunately, the official race pictures had some winners.
The Disney 5K Race Course
6. The 6.2 mile course began within the Epcot car parking zone. The primary 3 miles have been on darkish service roads. There have been character picture stops unfold out alongside the course (together with exterior of the theme parks). There was a fast run by means of Hollywood Studios round mile 4. And the race’s massive finale is operating by means of World Showcase in Epcot. The end line is simply exterior the park after you go below the enduring dome.
Right here’s the Walt Disney World 10K Race Course Map.
7. I finished for just a few character picture ops… mainly any time there was a brief line OR when it was a personality I actually wished a photograph with.
Close to the top of the race in Epcot I finished after I noticed Winnie the Pooh, however after a couple of minutes the cast-member handler of Pooh stated he was taking a break. We have been welcome to attend, nevertheless it was going to be some time. I took the L and acquired again to operating.
I did get one first rate character picture from this race although…
8. General, the race course was flat and never too crowded.
It was good operating climate for Florida (observe: it’s not best operating climate generally, however nearly as good because it will get in Florida. I’m born, raised and residing in Southern California and am not used to humidity or precise chilly – so I admire when it’s gentle). It was sprinkling as I walked to the bus, however had stopped by the point I acquired to the beginning line.
And the Run Disney group is all the time a enjoyable, welcoming crowd – so I really like the nice vibes.
9. Submit-Race I acquired an image with my medal, discovered the bus again to my resort and was again earlier than dawn!
10. I stayed on the Dolphin Resort the evening earlier than the 5K and 10K races (extra on resort & different prep coming in a separate put up).
After a fast bathe we hit up the resort’s breakfast buffet. It was a reasonably small set-up… scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes – served by a chef. Self serve – muffins, pastries and fruit. However our waitress talked about we may order eggs cooked one other means from her – so I ordered eggs from her and hit up the buffet for some treats.
Subsequent up: Disney World Half Marathon Recap! Be sure to’re following @RunEatRepeat on Instagram for that and extra.
Extra Run Disney posts: